The Golden Globe nominations were announced recently. There were a lot of big name actors, actresses, films and TV shows nominated like always, but there were some of those that I feel stood out above the others.
Here’s who and what I would like to see win in a few categories:
- Best Motion Picture – Drama- The Ides of March
- Best Motion Picture – Comedy- 50/50
- Best Director – Motion Picture- George Clooney – The Ides of March
- Best Television Series – Comedy or Musical- Glee
- Best Performance By An Actress in a Television Series – Comedy or Musical- Zooey Deschanel – New Girl
- Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television- Sofia Vergara
Why I want to see those particular wins:
- I thought The Ides of March was an all around good drama. Good story that had great direction.
- I am a sucker for comedies that have a somewhat serious and touching story line, which is why I think 50/50 should get it.
- I love Glee, but because I think it has a great balance of everything; Drama, music, creativity, comedy and great direction. Hopefully winning will encourage the writers and other staff to keep up the work.
- Zooey Deschanel does a great job as the random/awkward girl in New Girl. In my opinion, not only is she the star, but she carries the whole show. It wouldn’t be nearly as good if someone else was cast in the part.
- Sofia does GREAT in Modern Family as a support role. She stands out just enough to add to the show without overshadowing the leads.
And that’s about that. What do you guys think? Is there anyone or anything in particular you would like to see win? Comment it!
And don’t forget, KSSU is streaming live 24/7 with DJs and sports broadcasts all throughout the week!